Old School Llangwnadl


This was the village school until it closed in 1949. It is now the community centre where many activities from folk dancing to bingo are held. The School House was the home of Dr. Jones, the local doctor and his wife Jini, who was an author and artist illustrating books for children. They were both interesting characters.


School pupils 1886




The old school was opened by Canon Thomas Pritchard as a new community centre