Pen-Y-Graig Chapel


The village of Llangwnnadl itself is situated on the old Pen y graig farm where Siop Pen y graig was established.  In 1863 a piece of land was sold to  build a chapel, that was replaced by the present Chapel in 1901. The barn at the rear was the old tithe barn. When the village school was closed in 1949, the chapel vestry became the infants school. John and Alun’s famous song is about those families that emigrated to North America after attending their last service in the Chapel before walking to Porth Colmon and leaving never to return.